Check if you could be eligible for money off low carbon heating technologies.
The government is providing grants to encourage property owners to install low carbon heating systems such as heat pumps, through the Boiler Upgrade Scheme (BUS). These grants can help property owners overcome the upfront cost of low carbon heating technologies.
The scheme is open to domestic and small non-domestic properties in England and Wales. It runs from 2022 to 2025.. Need advice? Call us today for more information on 07568 462 439
What you’ll get:
- £5,000 off the cost and installation of an air source heat pump
- £5,000 off the cost and installation of a biomass boiler
- £6,000 off the cost and installation of a ground source heat pump
How the scheme works
UK Gas & Plumb Care will apply for the grant on your behalf. The value of the grant will be discounted off the price you pay.
- 1. We advise you on whether an installation is eligible for a grant.
- 2. You agree a quote for the installation.
- 3. We apply for the grant on your behalf.
- 4. You confirm that UK Gas & Plumb Care are acting on your behalf when you’re emailed by Ofgem.
Owner eligibility - You may be eligible if you:
- Live in England or Wales
- Own your property (whether this is a home or a small non-domestic property)
If you’re claiming other grants or funding
You can still apply if you’ve received separate funding for energy efficiency upgrades such as insulation, doors or windows.
The scheme is open to domestic and small non-domestic properties with:
• an installation capacity up to 45kWth (this covers most homes)
• a current energy performance certificate (EPC), with no outstanding recommendations for loft or cavity wall insulation Check your EPC report.
Find out what to do if your property has recommendations for loft or cavity wall insulation.
Grants are not available for:
• social housing
• new build properties (apart from certain self-builds)
• properties that have already had government funding or support for a heat pump or biomass boiler There is different funding available for social housing.
If you own a new build property
New build properties built at scale by development companies are not eligible at the point at which they are being built.
If a fossil fuel boiler was already in place when you moved into your property, this may be considered a retrofit project and you can apply for a heat pump under the scheme.
If you own a self-build property
To be eligible, a self-build must have:
• been built mainly using the labour or resources of the first owner
• not been owned by a business or organisation
You will need to provide proof to your installer that your property is a self-build, for example a copy of the title deeds.
Grants are only available for:
• air source heat pumps (excluding air-to-air heat pumps)
• biomass boilers
• ground source heat pumps (including water source heat pumps and those on shared ground loops)
Hybrid heat pump systems, for example a combination of a gas boiler and air source heat pump, are not eligible.
UK Gas & Plumb Care will advise which heating system is suitable for your property and help you to understand the different options.
Need more advice?Call us today for more information on 07568 462 439
Saved Hundreds !!!
I would recommend UK Gas & Plumb Care Heating and Plumbing. They were prompt and professional and resolved issues with my gas boiler. Very happy with their service and would choose them again
You saved me a couple of hundred pounds today! Thank you for a great job.
Loyal Customer for 4 years
Great Work !!!
My radiators were luke warm for a long time until you came and desludged. My radiators are now so warm I have to turn my heating down.
I am so pleased you removed all that rubbish from inside the system.It was a good price and money well spent.
Loyal Customer for over 10 years